The Absolute Logistics team is experts in designing and implementing rail programs.
We help shippers setup these programs through our relationship with the Class 1 railroads, short-line railroads, our nationwide network of trans-loaders, and local last mile carriers.
Whatever barriers shippers have had in using rail in order to accomplish freight savings, Absolute Logistics is uniquely qualified to help overcome those barriers.
To learn more about our intermodal shipping services click here.
Benefits of Rail Shipping
- Reduce transportation costs over long distances
- Expand into new markets that once were too costly with truck transportation
- Cost certainty with locked in rates - no hassle with dealing seasonal swings of the truck market
- Reduced carbon emissions – rail is 9 times more energy efficient than truck
- Increased carrying capacity per shipment – 1 boxcar can move the equivalent of 3-4 trucks or more
- Shorter lead times - when rail is paired with an Absolute warehouse facility shippers can get resupply shipments to their customers next day
Our Services Include
- Rail to Warehouse to Truck Programs
- Direct rail shipments to customers
- Proactive shipment monitoring including tracking, tracing and expediting railcars
- Managing private rail fleets
- Advise on and consult on loading patterns including necessary dunnage to ensure safe shipment
- Processing claims whether they be with the railroad, warehouse or truck on our customers behalf
At Absolute Logistics we take the hassle out of rail shipping while still supplying the benefits.